Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a 2000 Polaris Trail Boss 325. It is new to me. Recently, the handlebars have been heating up after 5 or 10 minutes of riding. It's only the grips and there are no wires or labeld switches leading from or to the grips. Let me know if you need any information or pictures. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
i heard stories... it's an ATV addiction allergy... when hands burns to ride :D

First what I would do,I'll take off hand grips and go from there...
good luck...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi, I have a 2000 Polaris Trail Boss 325. It is new to me. Recently, the handlebars have been heating up after 5 or 10 minutes of riding. It's only the grips and there are no wires or labeld switches leading from or to the grips. Let me know if you need any information or pictures. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
It could have been a custom installation of some grip heaters. Check the bars for wires coming out somewhere on the bottom - out of sight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i heard stories... it's an ATV addiction allergy... when hands burns to ride

First what I would do,I'll take off hand grips and go from there...
good luck...
I don't think that's what it is, I've had other people feel the bars before and after letting it sit and idle and they all say it is heating up.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
2000 Trail Boss 325.... This is an air/oil cooled quad correct? Possibly an oil line is touching the steering post?

Is it just the grips or the rest of the handle bars (exposed metal area) also?

This is a long shot, grasping at straws here... but are all the battery and chassis ground tight and corrosion free.... ??? :dunno:

If not, possibly the bike is "possessed"?! :wink1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only the grips are hot so I do not think that it is a line or battery... And I got it off Craigslist secondhand so it may be possessed!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
My "shot in the dark" was the grips heating up, was the silly thought that it was using you as a conductor somehow to complete a circuit, hence heating up the grips. Off the wall idea yes, as the grips would be an insulator anyways!!

One for sure way to find out..... remove the grips and see!! Used compressed air to remove them!

Like this....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts