Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the quad plowing thing and so far I pray for lots of snow and am having a blast doing it.I did suck my hook up too far and wrecked the rubber stopper and roller guard.I have ordered a plow strap and alu. guide.I have a Viper 3500 Max wiench and a Gen 3 plow.How can I know I am not pulling the hook to far in(picking plow up too far).Do I leave the winch in free spool?That doesn't seem right.Any feed back will be helpfull.

·
Registered
434 Posts
you could put something on the strap so it stops and youll hear the winch tighten up when it hits the fairleads. or just go by feel of the suspension dropping. i use my bumper and have had it on since before i got my plow

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
do some dry tests. lift the plow from the ground to the fairleads. count how long it takes. than use that count when lifting and lowering. slightly longer going down, slightly shorter coming up.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i made a marker for mine...i used one of them fiberglass rod drive way makers....I cut it just to hit plows top when extended to top limit...made a bracket for front bumper and set to height..now when I lift an it hits the small marker..i know to stop.....after plowing I just slip it out....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts