Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I would like to no what I can do to get my 2002- 325 Magnum (4x4) to go faster. I've heard about having the engine cylinder bored out bigger (sounds expensive). Is this possible with this machine, and is it worth it?
Would change air filters, exhausts, tires...etc really do much, and if so can you recommend what. Is any of this feasible for this machine?
Any and all suggestions/info and help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to all this and curious to learn more.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:cowboy:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Question.. How can I make my 325 magnum go faster
Answer... By towing it with my Sportsman 700!! lol J/K = P

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Is there a reason why you would want to keep the magnum and do all that work? if not you can buy a faster quad for the same price if not cheaper than having all that work done to the magnum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi people, i have the 325 magnum and feels like it should go faster than it actually do. does anyone no if you can do anything to make this go faster. the top speed now is like 30 max. thanks

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
definetly too slow for a 325 magnum

I have a friend with the same model, its got lots of punch from the start line, doesn't have a speedo but after riding my 500 w/ a speedo i can tell his gets to about 45 on level surfaces, faster than need be out on a deer lease. I'd say check all the inputs and then the outputs. So check your biggest input, air, make sure cleaner is clean flowing, clean carb at least with carb cleaner, then clean out your muffler. It has a couple plugs on the bottom that are designed to come off then you pump the throttle a few time really quick and fast to WOT but just for a second to blow out debris. You can change out the air cleaner to one of those performance jobs of k/n oil, will have slightly greater air inflows, but you have no ability to throw more gas at the extra air so it really doesn't help much, just feels like it does! The muffler cleanout is a recommended maintenance item from polaris, so do do it. also check your throttle cable adjust ments, its possible you are not pulling the whole cable due to a stretched or out of adjustment cable. Also try running a fuel additive like polaris carbon plus or startron in your fuel. Best of luck! :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
hi people, i have the 325 magnum and feels like it should go faster than it actually do. does anyone no if you can do anything to make this go faster. the top speed now is like 30 max. thanks
The 325 I used to have would do 40 on the GPS. 30 does seem a bit low.

·
Registered
526 Posts
30 MPH is slow

The 325 I used to have would do 40 on the GPS. 30 does seem a bit low.
Ours when running well will do 40 also so I see the point of your question.

Will it set and idle well for five minutes without you touching the throttle? Did it run faster at one time?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Checking your clutches and making sure they are in top shape and a good belt is the best thing you can do to a machine like that. The magnum line is built as a work horse, not a spirited trail machine. It pretty much is what it is. If your clutches are worn or belt is worn you will lose significant top end speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts