Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Do you lose power on the orange wire after those 8 seconds? If yes, then you need to get to the ECM and see if you are losing power on the red wire going to it after 8 seconds - if the red wire has power and the orange wire loses power at the ECM, either the lights are drawing too much current and the ECM is tripping out or the ECM is defective. Try it with the lights off. Also as voltage drops current increases, so having a low or discharged battery will cause the ECM to trip out unnecessarily. If the red wire loses power after 8 seconds, then there is a faulty connection at the battery, frame ground, or the fusible link is faulty.

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Document

Rectangle Parallel Slope Font Handwriting

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I charged the battery overnight and it’s up to 12.74. I checked everything u said to check. I unplugged the connections at the ecm. When I unplugged the fan connection the fan came on. I plugged it back up and tried it and now it cranks and runs. Thank you for everything and all the advice. Thank u very much

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,197 Posts
So are you confirming it was a dead battery all along?

Reactions: yooper265

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Idk. I tried charging it in the very beginning and it didn’t make a difference. Maybe it was the connection on the new ecm. Maybe it was the battery. I don’t really know

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,197 Posts
Thanks for letting us all know that you did get it running. That's the bottom line we were looking for!

Reactions: yooper265
21 - 25 of 25 Posts