Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the VIN in the Polaris utility, but it gives me the sale date not the manufacture date. How do I figure out if my 700 is one of the late 2004 models?

·
Registered
118 Posts
There should be a tag with the VIN & manufacture date up front mine is on the right side underneath the wheel well around the radiator. Thats where its to on my 05 sportsman.

·
Registered
3 Posts
from what i have read if it has reserve on the fuel shut off switch it is an early if it does not have the reserve it is a late model. also if it has a fuel gauge on the instrument panel it is a late model.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My sticker is on the front cover just below the headlight pod. Look in the manual it will let you know the differences between the 2 such as trans filler place.

·
Registered
424 Posts
from what i have read if it has reserve on the fuel shut off switch it is an early if it does not have the reserve it is a late model. also if it has a fuel gauge on the instrument panel it is a late model.
Ditto this is also a way too check! good call ryan

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is carbureted. It does not have "reserve" on the fuel cutoff, and it does have a gas guage on the LCD panel on the speedometer. Guess that makes it a late model. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts