Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original is cracked and comes apart. Bought a new one. I can't find any step by step instructions on replacing it.

Can anyone give me the crash course?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Remove plastic side panels, then trace where plug wire travels from and to; then run your new wire along the same path and snug it up. A little dielectric grease on both ends would be nice too. :cowboy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
i had a smilar issue with mine its a 98 mag 425 4x4 the piece that goes on the plug it self came apart on me if its the same as mine (which ill guess its close) you will have to remove the gas tank and you just unscrew the plug cable from the coil and screw the new one back on the coil and should be good as new

good luck and i hope this helps

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I guess i can re use the cable. I really just need to replace the boot end. But does the other end of the cable just plug straight in there behind the tank. it doesn't look like a threaded thing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I'm about to tear into it now. I just was not sure if the cable actually screwed into the coil or if it had to be connected in a different way. I may as well replace both the boot and cable.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a pic of the cable going into the coil. Can I just unscrew the old one and screw on the new one or do i need to take the coil off? If it is screw on it must be tight. I don't want to break it trying. Sorry the picture came in sideways.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
yep should just unscrew from there but make sure you are taking off the cable not that plastic piece above it and ya i had to put a pair of pliers to mine to get it off

and you can leave the coil on or take it off but it was kind of a pain in the a$$ to get the coil off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts