Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how everyone transports their quads to and from? I'd like to see some pics of your trailers etc. also anyone have any experience with the diamondback bed cover? Looks like a cool product.

·
Registered
416 Posts
cheap trailer. This way I know when I will come back to it, it will still be there. aluminium trailers attract theives.

·
Super Moderator
7,054 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
with a 5.5' bed my touring does not fit well. Most commonly I will trailer.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
After a few years hauling in a truck bed, a bought a trailer. Much happier with this set up.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yeah I have done it many ways, in the bed, with a large steel flatbed trailer, a snowmobile trailer(s), but I bought this Aluma from my dad last year and I think it is an awesome trailer for ATV's, now I just need a second ATV as he sold his.. But you just drive up throw a couple tie straps on and away you go...

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
14' tandem axle trailer, I can front or side load. and haul 3-4 quad (assuming that at least two are mid-size or smaller quads.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That's the way

uhu uhu I like it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Funny this thread came up as I'm getting my first quad tomorrow. My plan is a trailer hitch on my 05 grand prix and a harbor freight $300 1150# trailer. I'm going to mount some planks to the trailer and make a deck out of it. Cheap, reliable, and I think intelligent solution for someone who wants a quad but doesn't really need to buy a truck yet. I'm planning on getting a truck next year, though.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Funny this thread came up as I'm getting my first quad tomorrow. My plan is a trailer hitch on my 05 grand prix and a harbor freight $300 1150# trailer. I'm going to mount some planks to the trailer and make a deck out of it. Cheap, reliable, and I think intelligent solution for someone who wants a quad but doesn't really need to buy a truck yet. I'm planning on getting a truck next year, though.
get the 1700 lbs trailer. you'll thank yourself for it later. better yet get a trailer that isn't bolted together and keep everyone happy. not just your pocket book. I'll never understand why people will spend Thousands of dollars on a quad just to balk on paying money for the thing they transport the quad with...

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
What are you getting for an ATV? Concerned you are going to put a $8000 machine on a $300, made in china, out of crap steel, trailer. A used 2 place snowmobile trailer should be easy to find in WI this time of year for under $500 and will be much more stable, well built, stronger, safer, and more reliable.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What are you getting for an ATV? Concerned you are going to put a $8000 machine on a $300, made in china, out of crap steel, trailer. A used 2 place snowmobile trailer should be easy to find in WI this time of year for under $500 and will be much more stable, well built, stronger, safer, and more reliable.
I'll look into it, but my intentions were to beef up the trailer anyways.

- After looking at Craigslist the cheapest trailer I could find was $1100. For that difference in price it covers my deductible and then some lol.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'll look into it, but my intentions were to beef up the trailer anyways.
you'll spend more money "beefing up" a Horrible fright trailer than you would just buying a used well built trailer in the first place.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone used one of those truck decks? One of my buddies has one and we used it for snowmobile trips I think they are awesome they keep our machine out of the dirt from the road also very easy to park in a full parking lot and you still have room underneath the deck to store your gear and it stays dry, they also come in handy if you only have a two place trailer and you have 4 machines you can put two on the deck and two on the trailer, I have never used one for quads though...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Snow Mobile Trailor $525

SNOW BIRD SNOWMOBILE TRAILER 2 PLACE $550

First two I found in a quick search of Milwaukee area. Looks to be close to where you are. Less than you will have in the other trailer with making it better, and can haul 2 machines in the future too. Then your wife or a friend can go too!
I chose the trailer I did because it is smaller, can fit in my garage, and would be easily towed by my car. I'm not trying to be picky, just wanted to choose something feasible for my situation.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts