Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 sportsman 400 but am looking at the XP 550 for the efi and ride. I'm looking for the blue one and what is a good deal for a new one?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Mine has treated me very well since new in Sep. of 2012. Very nice upgrade from my 500. There are 3 of us in our group that have them and zero problems. It has been getting a nice workout these last few weeks moving snow with more to come tonight and tomorrow. I would have 2 of them if I had the room in the garage.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Have a '12 550EPS LE......love it!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a 2012 XP 850 Touring, love it! One of my friends has a 2011 XP 550, another friend has 2 XP 550's. They all love em!

Best ride, seamless 4x4/AWD system, best looking, hardest working.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, I just picked up my 2014 550. I've only put a couple of hours on it so far but wow, that thing is smooth.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My buddy has a 2012 550, so far had to put new clutch & belt in, rear axles, its had check engine light come on 3 different times (all been repaired by the dealer cuz it has less than 300 miles) in my eyes i wouldnt get a xp model

·
Registered
450 Posts
My buddy has a 2012 550, so far had to put new clutch & belt in, rear axles, its had check engine light come on 3 different times (all been repaired by the dealer cuz it has less than 300 miles) in my eyes i wouldnt get a xp model
Sounds like manufacturing defects or abuse. There are far more quads of every make and model that work flawlessly than there are lemons. You can't judge an entire product line on the basis of one single machine.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sounds like manufacturing defects or abuse. There are far more quads of every make and model that work flawlessly than there are lemons. You can't judge an entire product line on the basis of one single machine.
another of my buddies has a 850 xp & has had nothing but problems also, my 08 500HO EFI has had the dog piss ran out of it, with 0 problems

·
Registered
553 Posts
The wife lovers her 550XP and so far it has not had any problems. I love my 850XP also.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
I would be sure to check out a 570 as well. A little more machine for a few less dollars.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
If in life you have ever said "I wish this thing had more power", get the 850.
My sentiments exactly. No need to be left wanting for more. Cheaper to buy it now than to upgrade to it later.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If in life you have ever said "I wish this thing had more power", get the 850.
My sentiments exactly. No need to be left wanting for more. Cheaper to buy it now than to upgrade to it later.
I've been kicking it around and there's only $1300 difference in them so why not go for the 850xp. By the way I have a 13 850xp and love it, 500 trouble free miles so far. I'm getting one for the wife or new to me and she can have my 13 LOL

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
2011 550 Here, Other then some wear parts early on it runs flawlessly
Lots of power,cheap on gas and great ride.
Not everyone needs the most powerful bike out there.

Met a guy ice fishing on the weekend with a 2012 500 and hes loosing his mind with it overheating all the time, hes fighting with the dealer about what the problem is and who takes the bill. He said buying that 500 was the worst decision he ever made. Not knocking 500's just giving one example of an unhappy gent. No model is guaranteed to be flawless always.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts