Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a sportsman 570, but dont know anyone who has had one, and I have never ridden one myself. Just wondering how you guys that have them like them. If you were to go back in time would you still buy a 570? or something else? Also since this is the first year of the 570 in the sportsman how have they been for reliability engine and tranny wise? any major issues with the new 570's? sorry for all the questions just trying to make a wise decision, thanks in advance

·
Registered
130 Posts
thats sweet, how is it for power? do you know if it is much of a step up from a 500?
I've not been on the 500 but Polaris claims it has 22% more HP than the 500. For the style of riding I do and for my intended use (hunting, trail/ swamp riding), I think it has all the power I need. It tops out in the mid 60's and can easily lift the front wheels from a dead stop. I'll also add, it is a very comfortable ride.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It's a massive step up from a 500. Very very quick off the line.
There once was a video of a 570 800 and 850 drag race. It was surprisingly close between them. I have never not had enough power for any situation. I have a touring and almost always have a passenger and very rarely can I use full throttle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I own a 570 and have 2 family members with 500's a 2009 and 2011. 570 is much stronger according to them. I personally like the 570 ergonomics over the 500 by this I mean the way I sit and feel on the seat, thats whats most important to me and the 570 has excellent foot wells helps keeps my feet planted since I'm short. I got to ride a 2013 yamaha grizzly 450 this weekend, decent atv and I might have liked it if I never rode a 570. The yam was automatic with EPS and seemed smaller but it just didn't compare to the ride of the polaris 570 as far as comfort or power. The 570 is my first atv and after months of research I choose polaris because the other manufactures had too many options to choose from or too many buttons on the handle bars for me, awd and one brake lever for me, I like to keep it simple.

I would be upset if I purchased any other comparable sized atv from another manufacture before I found out bout the 570. I don't know of a better atv in this size class that is a better value for the price I paid.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I bought mine because I had always liked Polaris' and the 570 is THE best bang for your buck on the market right now. Another reason I chose polaris and my 570 is because of power steering and the fact that they have had it for a while now. As far as power goes I feel like mine has plenty of get up and go as well as top end. So you know, they've released the 2015 models I believe so you don't have to worry about buying a first year.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The 570 is a very good bike. Compared to other makes I have ridden it seems to just have real power. I mean you hit the throttle you better hold on. The ride is smooth and it feels well planted on the trail. I never have the feeling the bike it "to lite" like it might tip over. It felt like it is more solid than the competition. Doesn't feel quite as cheep to me as some of the others out there. I thought seriously about a Yamaha before i purchased the 570 and I have no regrets at all over buying it. The EFI is really nice to. I think the 570 is not just a good choice but the best value for what you get on the market as far as features, and power.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My only regret purchasing a 570 is that I didn't purchase the touring model. I didn't think the wife would want to ride along, I was wrong. Great power, great fuel economy, always starts right up!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too researched for several weeks before deciding on my 570. I'm very happy with my purchase and would definitely buy it again if I had to do it over. Plenty of power and very capable, especially for the price!

Kris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Couldn't be happier with my 570 touring. Never even know you have a passenger back there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't have many miles on mine yet but so far I love it! I do wish I would have gotten the EPS, mainly because if my wife rides it any , but I can live without it. The EBS on the the camo is awesome .I've been on 500s and had an older 700 previously and the power of the 570 is way better! Its very responsive and will lift the front tires good if u just slide to the rear of the seat, but if u sit near the handle bars it will stay on the ground when u launch it off the line. VERY HAPPY with mine!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm really liking my 570 touring. Plenty of power for me and its really quick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love mine, no issues thus far. Check out some of my videos to see how I baby it.
I noticed in your video you have what looks like green hand guards. Are these the Polaris accessory versions? The book my dealer had didn't show them in green. How do you like them from what I have seen it seems like they don't really cover your hands that much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No idea on the drivetrain and you may or may not know this but the 570 engine has been manufactured for a few years already and just put on the Polaris razor. Only slight modifications were made to it for it to be put on the sportsman. Personally I'm in love with it. Definitely no lack of power

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love mine, no issues thus far. Check out some of my videos to see how I baby it.
I noticed in your video you have what looks like green hand guards. Are these the Polaris accessory versions? The book my dealer had didn't show them in green. How do you like them from what I have seen it seems like they don't really cover your hands that much.
The hand guards are from Raider. For what I paid ($20.00), I love 'em; they are well made. I purchased mine through an ATV/ Cycle catalog that showed up at the house (can't remember the vender). They can normally be found on Amazon but I see they are currently out of stock in green. I will admit that the instructions that come with them are completely useless but the guards do provide excellent protection from briers, branches and large bugs. They also keep some of the cold air off your hands in the winter too. I could send you a few close ups of how I mounted them with the assorted parts kit that comes with them if you decide on a set.
Amazon.com: Raider Handguard (Green): Automotive

·
Registered
454 Posts
If there is a more complete, 1 up wheeler on the market for so little money, I'd love to see one. In general, to me, Polaris is the best bargain in all respects. If I didn't need touring models, I'd have 570's (can't buy the touring 570 with EPS) though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts