Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you happy with the lighting from the factory LED lights?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the Led's from the RZR and was very happy with it.:veryhappy:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am happy with them.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Very bright and low current. Very happy with the lights and the hardware portion fit and finish. Not so happy with the wiring. Possibly they have fixed this since my install.

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Very bright and low current. Very happy with the lights and the hardware portion fit and finish. Not so happy with the wiring. Possibly they have fixed this since my install.

From orbit via Android.
What was wrong with the wiring? How did you fix it?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Factory LE lights are bright as hell, zero need for upgrading. They're brighter than HIDs too. Very very happy with mine

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

From orbit via Android.
What was wrong with the wiring? How did you fix it?
Mildly annoying problem with the "kit" I received. The conversion pigtails were not for the Sportsman even though the specs listed the pigtails for a Sportsman 500. The tails I recieved were probably for converting the Razr from halogen to LED. I made it work.

The Sportsman have single filament bulbs with 2 wire plugs. The conversion pigtails had three wire sockets that didn't mate. I had to modify the Sportsman harness by adding a high beam wire from the pod and replacing the low beam plug with the LED plug (4 position Delphi Metripak 150). This could be a DIY show stopper depending on your mobile electric skill level.

The silver lining is that it forced me to integrate the wiring so that it looks like it was factory installed.

IMHO. Polaris LED headlamps are better suited for an ATV UTV than a Halogen to HID "conversion" using the halogen housings or even a proper integral HID projector housing with integral sealed ballasts. The LED lamps are properly focused and EXTREMELY bright. LED draws almost no current. If proper projector housings with sealed integrated ballasts existed then HID might come close but they would still draw way more amps, have expensive breakable bulbs, and would cost more to manufacture. The Polaris LED lenses, housings, and power paks are cheaper to manufacture, have focused bright light, and should be more reliable long term.

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Factory LE lights are bright as hell, zero need for upgrading. They're brighter than HIDs too. Very very happy with mine
That sounds good

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
as much as im not a huge fan of the looks, I would do it for the fact that I wouldn't have to find a mounting point and have all the extra wiring and ballasts of my HID setup...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
as much as im not a huge fan of the looks, I would do it for the fact that I wouldn't have to find a mounting point and have all the extra wiring and ballasts of my HID setup...
Installed you'll have to look close to tell.
Halogen back

Halogen front

LED back

LED front

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
well now that you post that pic.... I have the same front bunmper, and the Expanded metal would hide them nicely. they still $500 a set?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
well now that you post that pic.... I have the same front bunmper, and the expanded metal would hide them nicely. They still $500 a set?
@ us $450.00 afaik

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
yea youre right, then another $50 for the correct harness :(

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
IDK seems like Polaris offers a Harness for the XP chassis. im guessing these are made like the ones in the RZR's with the high/low in the same bulb, so we need a harnesss to run the highs on the LED's cause our High beam is the pod light, right?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
IDK seems like Polaris offers a Harness for the XP chassis. im guessing these are made like the ones in the RZR's with the high/low in the same bulb, so we need a harnesss to run the highs on the LED's cause our High beam is the pod light, right?
Yes hi & low in one light.
I made my own harness to run hi from the pod.

From orbit via Android.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts