Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

i just wondered about what are your chances to ride your atvs the way its meant to be? under which circumstances are you allowed to ride offroad, how strictly are prohibits and how do cops usually react on you riding atv / riding atv offroad?

as mentioned i am from germany, country of rules, big NOs :)no1:) and the urge of politicians to regulate everything we do :lame: (but in a moderate way so we still can live as individuals and in wealth with many human rights, just sayin so noone thinks this is basically north corea here :D ). long term short: we have a few legal tracks, mostly for mx-bikes, some available for atvs and offroad-cars which of course cost money but arent allowed to ride apart. we have special riding-permissions so we can use our atvs onroad :gaehn:. doing illegally may cost a lot of money but well...

what about you?

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
You have to come to America to ride!! All types of terrain and places to wheel. In some parts it's not legal, generally places that have $$$$ and a big population.

Canada also has a lot of ATV'ing. But that's coming just from the vids I watch. Most members here are from the States or Canada.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I think in Poland you can ride streets legally.
Pretty.sure poeple there are able to register atv as a "vehicle B1 other".? not sure about how does it work there but heard it must have homologation to be under 15kW motor. have horn and turn signals from the factory.
where do I live . all illegal. I've got to go different states for some good rides... we also do have private lands to ride too, but these are small parks for all off road and trails are messed up... other than that lots of good riding in US.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
BP 405 "Canada also has a lot of ATV'ing. But that's coming just from the vids I watch. Most members here are from the States or Canada."
Yes we have a lot of Crown Land that you can ride on. Summer and Winter. Just check with locals first. Some snowmobile clubs get upset when you ride atvs on the trails in winter. The frozen lakes are fair game anytime you dare.
You do get some "Back Country Travel" bans depending the forest fire situation. Also, some small towns do allow SxS to drive on the roads. They must be "Street Legal" first-Turn signals, horn etc. The interesting thing some small towns will allow snowmobiles but not atvs

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have seen some pretty awesome vids from us or canada too. damn, wish i had that terrain here, too :/

·
Registered
548 Posts
Pretty.sure poeple there are able to register atv as a "vehicle B1 other".? not sure about how does it work there but heard it must have homologation to be under 15kW motor. have horn and turn signals from the factory.
where do I live . all illegal. I've got to go different states for some good rides... we also do have private lands to ride too, but these are small parks for all off road and trails are messed up... other than that lots of good riding in US.

In northern NH it’s legal to ride on many streets. Must be registered. Even a 12 year old is legal to ride once approved online course is taken. Many more Atv trails though. Hence the state motto-Live Free or Die

·
Registered
548 Posts

In northern NH it’s legal to ride on many streets. Must be registered. Even a 12 year old is legal to ride once approved online course is taken. Many more Atv trails though. Hence the state motto-Live Free or Die
BTW I live in MA. This State has the MOST restrictive Atv laws in the US. I believe there is only one State approved Atv trail and that I’m sure will be gone soon! It’s not that they really care for your safety, it’s all about Government control. Nanny State is just another name for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts