Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Polaris february 20th 2012 and so far i have put 340 miles it Happy miles, is this alot or is my girlfriend right (Im obsessed) with this machine:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think so because this summer I'll be putting more than 400 to 500 miles on my four-wheeler because my job will be at least 1 or 2 miles. I also go riding a lot with my friends so that will add even more.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
not really, ive done 500 km in the last 2 weekends

·
Registered
120 Posts
wish I could put that many miles on :) , only if time would allow, although I try to put 25 miles a week on mine within the confines of a 100 acres around house.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Winter time most of my miles are plowing snow. Even now I can only go so far up into the mountains due to snow depth. Last year I took pics of my quad 3 miles from the MT/ID state line. It was the first day of summer and I still couldn't get to the divide.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have 400 miles on mine, in about 70 mile increments. The good riding place is 4 hrs away; not worth wasting my new bike's miles in Dallas area....

I'll get 2 more trips in before June and then it will be put away til September or October.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I ride mine all year long. Put about a 100 miles a month on it! When I bought it last July, it had 420 miles & 61 hrs. It now has 1600 miles & 180hrs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone know the average mileage per year for an ATV, like cars its like 12-13K...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Can't put any miles on here where I live...everything is shut down until it all dries up. Usually everything opens around May 15th and stays open until Novemberish/whenever we get our first snow.

You guys that can ride all year long are lucky!

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
We ride year round here, but winter is a little slower. Mileage kind of depends on where you live and what type of trails you ride. For the area I live in and the riding we do here, I put alot of miles on. If you divide my miles by hours I average around 8 mph on my atv. I bought it a year ago in Feb. and have 1,200 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I bought mine almost two months ago and I have 265 miles on it. All riding done on local trails by my house...we usually do 7-15 miles at a time. Heading to HM in May though, so I expect to do a couple hundred miles while we are there:)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
160 miles a month here at least. With the weather being so nice this year I have already ridden 650 miles so far and have a ride planned for next weekend. And that's with the state trails being closed until Memorial day.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I did 110 miles last sunday... the only reason im down now is i broke a rim. Thankfully itp was a lifetime replacement warranty on all there ss wheals.
Hopefully I'll be back up by next sunday

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ride year round (2 diff locations) and since I'm retired I ride about 4 days a week. summertime I put about 200 miles of Colorado mountain trails a week on my ATV, about half that during the winters down south in the desert.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
average 20 to 50 miles each trip out

I find im riding my harley a lot less since i got this Polaris but i try to even it out i have been neglecting my other toys

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well i cant really say how many miles i put on my machines as it varies greatly each month..

in 2 years i put 1200KM on my X2, which was, plowing, towing and work mostly, only a handful of times did we go trail riding..

when i got my XP, over the winter, i put 500KM until today (well, 4 trail rides ) i did as much as i could but had some repair work to do ( around the house) or never had the time (bad weather), this summer, this mileage will either go up by abit (towing ) or by alot (trail riding).

this being said, i did 500km in about 4 weekends.. (1 day trail riding per weekend)

imho if you have the time, do it, just dont over do-it and end up forgetting about everyone else :p :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
imho if you have the time, do it, just dont over do-it and end up forgetting about everyone else :p :D
along these same lines...I have often wondered how many marriages failed because too much time was spent on the ATV? This sport can be very addictive but, IMO, if one has a good wife, it would behoove us to remember that she has to be the priority and make her feel valued more than the quad. I am impressed with the number of forum members here who share the sport with their wife. Happy wife, happy life! Good thought shui5612.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts