Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed all the fluids on my XP this weekend and while jacked up I noticed about 1/8" play when I pulled and pushed on the bottom of the wheel. The movement was at the lower a-arm bushings. I am going to replace the bushings but I have a ride coming up quick and don't know if I have time to replace them prior to my ride.

Will I be ok to ride "as is" for a long weekend? I'm guessing they will just wear more but I don't want to cause any permanent damage.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Doubt the play will damage anything.......which bushing have the play?
Front, rear, upper, lower, inner, outer?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doubt the play will damage anything.......which bushing have the play?
Front, rear, upper, lower, inner, outer?
Both the front and rear a-arms lowers at the point they attach to the frame (inner). The bushings at the hub and at the tops of the a arms are rock solid at this point.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I would be ok with it,.......but what do I know?
I did install a set of JCCapri's bushing as "preventable maintenance"

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know a lot so that's why I trust your opinion....yep, I will do a set of the Capri bushings after the ride so maybe I won't see this problem again...thanks again...

·
Super Moderator
7,054 Posts
You will be fine to ride it that way. If you were to get some bushings, it will take you an hour or less to change them out. Very simple job.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will be fine to ride it that way. If you were to get some bushings, it will take you an hour or less to change them out. Very simple job.
Thanks Bob! Will change ASAP but I'm in the middle of closing on a house so I'm short on time and workspace. New house has a three car garage so I can do the bushings inside rather than in the yard! that would be funny if it wasn't true....lol....I changed all the fluids this last weekend in my back yard....at least it was warm...:fest06:

·
Super Moderator
7,054 Posts
Congrats on the new house. You will love the garage! I couldn't survive without mine. Three car seemed plenty big enough when I bought mine, and now I wish for more. :biglaugh: Two cars and two ATV's, and it's a full garage.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
You know you are going to miss working in the grass!
Save your moving boxes, they make great "catch alls" for spills and grease when working on the wheelers.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You know a lot so that's why I trust your opinion....yep, I will do a set of the Capri bushings after the ride so maybe I won't see this problem again...thanks again...
grease them up and Have fun on your ride and congrats on the new house I go to closing tomorrow on my new house and looking into building a 40x40 shop. When you get back drop me a PM keep the shiny side up And the rubber side down have fun

·
Registered
737 Posts
I also agree. Go riding this weekend and have fun. Then replace them with jccapri bushings. I live mine. Congrats on the house and garage. The shop/garage will never be big enough. When I was talking to people on my area about pole sheds a d what they thought of the brand they bought. The only common thing everybody said was "I wish I went bigger". And now that its done yep I wish I wound have went bigger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts