Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 27s installed... maxxis zillas! And was wondering what psi u guys recommend. I wanna make these last as long as possible and would like the best ride...

·
Registered
841 Posts
I would do like 1psi more than what it says on the tire.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Maxxis states 7 lbs. for all Zillas!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Now that your tires are mounted and have the correct psi how tall are they? Are they as small as you thought or are they true to size like the specs say on there website

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow... just checked the psi after the tire place mounted them for me... they had almost 20 pounds in each tire. what a bunch of [email protected]&*'s ..... i had to let out about 10 to 11 pounds out of each tire. Im not a happy camper.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow...are you sure you didn't use the guy I used to mount my wifes zillas a month ago...lol...his shop did the same thing 20psi...I guess that's what I get for going to my car mechanic since his shop is closer than the quad shop...o well,atleast I checked it before we took it on the trail and ended up ruining them.....what psi did u decide to go with?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Many idiots over pressurize to seat the bead then never let it back out. SAME thing found on pops new 550 last year!!!

As for what pressure it not something others on a forum, such as this can accurately tell you. We do not ride where you do, We do not know how you ride. We do not know your size. All very important factors that dictate tire pressure.

Good news is you will need to ride more to figure out what works best for you!! Tough to take I know being REQUIRED to ride. Lol. But that's the best answer I can give. Try the recomendated pressure from sidewall and go down a pound or two at a time. Once you get there the tires will really hook up and you will be off! Just know optimal pressure will change as what your riding on changes. Hard pan is higher pressure. Rocks are less. Mud is in the middle. Experiment, the only person to give advise is someone riding with you that rides similarly has same tires and weighs about the same.

CW

It's not like a street tire where you can chalk the tread and ride around the block.

·
Registered
667 Posts
20 psi no wonder you said they where true to size. now put in 5 psi that is a good trail psi for them and see what they are.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Id b willing to bet at a comfy 6-7psi the zillas are true to size.....solid crimson what psi are you running in the zillas and what size do they measure? My wifes runs 26" zillas with 6psi and they stand 26" tall from ground to top of tread

1 - 14 of 14 Posts