Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 1997 Polaris xplorer 500. This is my first polaris. It has 25x10x12
on the rear and 25x8x12 on the front. I was wanting to upgrade to a 27"
tire. Didn't know if anyone had any suggestions(lift kit? tires?), didnt know if I need to add a lift kit(if so what brand is quality) and any good places for deals on tires..

BTW the rear brake rotor makes noise when driving due to it be a floating rotor. Any suggestions or is it just because it is a polaris? Already replaced the rear brake pads (EBD red stuff) and adjust the foot brake to increase tension and decrease play.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Highlifter or Rubber Down Customs. I could not find the lift on highlifter but RDC has a kit for $125. I would give them a call. Can't say for sure on the tire size because I have never owned a xplorer, but when you call to order the kit they should be able to tell you. As far as tire type, that all depends on where you ride and your riding style. i.e mud, rocks, hardpack, etc. There are many good conversations about choosing a tire right for you on various forums as well as good deals on barely used wheel/tire combos in the for sale sections. There are many tires for sale in the Highlifter forums right now.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:cowboy:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Highlifter will set you up. I went with a 2in lift to run 27's on my xplorer. They dont advertise the lift for the xplorer but shoot me a pm if interested and i will give you the number to the guy i deal with direct from highlifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Highlifter will set you up. I went with a 2in lift to run 27's on my xplorer. They dont advertise the lift for the xplorer but shoot me a pm if interested and i will give you the number to the guy i deal with direct from highlifter.
That looks sweet!! Any change in the handling with the lift??

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Either kit mentioned above will work great. I like the RDC!! Look in my sig.

You'll be fine with 27" tires also!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
That looks sweet!! Any change in the handling with the lift??
Not with the lift. But with the tires yes.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
What'd ya get?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You gonna like it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts