Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
It always amazes me when people record their stupidity... We all have moments, but do we really need to share them?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What amazed me is the one where the guy rolls the fourwheeler over himself and the guy with the camera just stands there laughing and doesn't help. I would beat his a$$!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
ALWAYS!! I repeat, ALWAYS!! wear a helmet while loading and unloading. Guy at work got killed last year because a ramp fell off the truck and his machine rolled over on him and killed him. Those guys are all very lucky they don't have serious injuries.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Good compilation! I've seen many of them, but not all in the same video.

One thing related to Polaris that becomes evident in these videos is the safety of the braking system. Many of those videos show people selectively applying the rear brake and rolling back over themselves. Polaris' hand brake applying all three brakes at once is meant to prevent such an occurrence.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Thats some scary stuff..when I load my machine on truck I get very nervous....I have big arched ramps also....I took the 2500# winch off my machine and installed a 3500#...I am going to rig it in the bed of truck and just winch it in..lol....I been looking for a good used 2 spot trailer...driving into the bed to load it makes me drink..lol....

I cant believe what I seen on that video....

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I like how ALL of the accidents were of people trying to load their ATV's in the back of a pickup. Trailer is the only way to go.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I like how ALL of the accidents were of people trying to load their ATV's in the back of a pickup. Trailer is the only way to go.
Couldn't agree with you more. looking at those loading angles made me queasy. My trailer is only like 23" at the deck and even at that low I've got 8' ramps. Barely feel like I'm going up a hill when I load. And the guys that were loading from one truck to another with the ramps between. Why the F didn't they just back one truck up to the other? Or they guy trying too Wheelie into the back of his truck when he had ramps sitting in the bed?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more. looking at those loading angles made me queasy. My trailer is only like 23" at the deck and even at that low I've got 8' ramps. Barely feel like I'm going up a hill when I load. And the guys that were loading from one truck to another with the ramps between. Why the F didn't they just back one truck up to the other? Or they guy trying too Wheelie into the back of his truck when he had ramps sitting in the bed?
Common sense isn't very common anymore

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
weight might have helped a little bit, I think he just took it a bit to slow though, and the snow didn't help either.
does snow ever help?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
no no it doesn't...

unless you want school off XD
Then it's dependent upon where you live. Some places don't close school just because of a little snow.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Shit for brains!! What a bunch of idjits!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Didn't see one tie strap used when they loaded with ramps, know wonder they ate s#|t.

Load mine in the back of my ram 1500 all the time in 4 low with the ramps strapped to my hitch. My sport quad was a little sketchier because you rely on momentum to carry you up. But if you had to hit the throttle the straps kept the ramps in place.

Guess not everyone can walk and chew gum at the same time.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I use ramps to put my atv on the back of my truck. It's a tri fold aluminum ramp with plywood in the outer too ramps I drive on. I always use a ratchet strap and tie the ramp to the trailer hitch so it won't move. Even then I'm nervous and prefer a trailer when I have the option.

·
Registered
195 Posts
When I sold my sons 90 a guy came that had a brand new Escalade ESV with a lift, and it was glossy/new black, it was ridiculous!
Anyway, he took his ramps which with the lift had to be at least a 45 degree angle. At least. He tried to ride the 90 into the back of the Escalade! I stood there and my eyes were wide open.
Well, the ramps lifted and he drove the 90 and the ramps right into his bumper.

Damn, I felt bad but had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. :p

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
that's what we call "new money". LMAO

1 - 20 of 71 Posts