Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Polaris 850 XP EPS LE and really love it. I see Can-AM makes a 1000 cc ATV and Polaris makes a 1000 scrammie and was wondering when you think Polaris will make a 1000 XP....Would love to hear your opinion.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I wld love to say 2015 but we will see. I hope 2015 so by the time i can buy another new wheeler all the bugs will be worked out of it

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i would not dout its in testing....they kept the scrammy and ACE very hush hush til it was ready to sell.....no hints of them coming....they have been changing their line up pretty consistant...naybe a fall 1000 sporty..who knows.....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good...A 1000 XP EPS...Holy Smokes that would be cool!! What do you think it would go for?? 13,000??

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'm thinking it will be soon...there's not a whole lot of difference between the sportsman and the scrambler. The 2 biggest differences are the plastics and the front diff and I'm sure the sportsman 1000 limited edition model will have the fox shocks. Pricing should be around the same also.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I bet they don't wait till fall. and we see it this spring. like it's been said it's plastics and a diff between the scrambler and the Sportsman XP lines. No point in waiting if thats all that needs to be changed.

I think if it's longer than spring before it's released its because they are planning a whole new line up of more than just one machine. what I mean by that is dropping the 550 to intro a 650 or 700 xp keep the 850 xp and adding the 1000 xp. and putting a 900 in the VL to replace the aging 800.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ i agree, and believe your longer term prediction..2014's were released July 31st. as i went and bought my '13 on Aug. 1st when the rebates started for the previous model year.

i think you will see it roll out as a '15 Sportsman this late July/ early August, along with a modified XP line up. i dont see the 550 staying around, not with what they 570 has done.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
The scrambler doesn't have active descent control.

·
Registered
901 Posts
You would think both Can am and Polaris would try to trim some models they have to competing against there own machines. A 1000 Sportsman is great but like Canam you have an 800(850) then a 550 then the whole value line.Canam has 1000/800/650/500/400 these guys must be losing sales to themselves. But I love having choices :) A 1000 Touring I would love to see

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You really think they 550 is on the way out??? I like the 550 much better than the 570!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Losing sales to yourself is not losing sales at all. Having more options just means you fit a larger demographic and thus get more of the market share.

Yes, I think the 550 is on it's way out. but only because they'll upgrade to a larger CC so that the XP line maintains it's XP factor over the VL.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gotcha!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I bet they don't wait till fall. and we see it this spring. like it's been said it's plastics and a diff between the scrambler and the Sportsman XP lines. No point in waiting if thats all that needs to be changed.

I think if it's longer than spring before it's released its because they are planning a whole new line up of more than just one machine. what I mean by that is dropping the 550 to intro a 650 or 700 xp keep the 850 xp and adding the 1000 xp. and putting a 900 in the VL to replace the aging 800.
^^X3 My thoughts exactly... that 900 VL will have EPS too.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I hope they redesign the plastics on the XP line. And the tourings need something different. The can am tourings look really good, but the Polaris XP touring is really strange looking.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

^^X3 My thoughts exactly... that 900 VL will have EPS too.
at least have the option for it like the 570 does. not mandatory like the xp lineup.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have no sources telling me when they are comin out but this little voice says this spring,

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I have no sources telling me when they are comin out but this little voice says this spring,
just make sure the source is no relation to the voices in your head, wouldn't want them getting mixed up. :tee:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts