1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
570 SP
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
making ur ramps longer cuts down on the steep angle. sometimes u cant
fit longer ramps in ur truck box. so u add legs to ur ramps and add little
short bolts to the bottom of ur leg plates to prevent from sideways slipping.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
That will work until you give it throttle to get the ATV up on the ramp and they pull off the tailgate. You will be sharing a ER room with Expialidocious.

Safety straps to your trailer hitch!

EDIT, I see your safety cables now that you posted a clear picture on a different thread. Just don't want to see anyone get hurt.

·
Registered
933 Posts
That works!

I made a set out of 10' long grip strut. Welded some angle to the ends. Works great loading a RZR XP up into the old F450 we sold my sister in laws boyfriend. I gave him this set.
Resized_20201015_151508.jpeg

Mine are a bit short at just under 8'. They are made out of grip lock grating. I don't have any good photos of them. I use them to sideload a deckover trailer and put ATV's up into a dump truck on on a flat deck truck.
Resized_20201002_095839.jpeg
Resized_20201002_095851.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 Sportsman 700, 2004 Scrambler 500, Various Others.
837 Posts
You guys are so safe lol. I use a 6ft piece of pressure treated with ends on them to grab the bed and without a safety strap to the hitch (which will be changing)

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Ok, I'll reserve the ER room then for you

·
Premium Member
2004 Sportsman 700, 2004 Scrambler 500, Various Others.
837 Posts
Ok, I'll reserve the ER room then for you next to xpialidocious!!!
Thanks! It was a VERY close call last time. Usually I winch it up onto the bed so I’m hardly even on it but once the ol’ 700 gets into the bed but still barely on the ramps they like to slip to the edge and last time they fell off with not a lot of tire on the bed. Could’ve been an expensive 1,000 lb earthquake so I’ll be a little safer next time.

Reactions: FPD218

·
Registered
570 SP
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is a better picture of what i meant.
Automotive exterior Hood Grass Bumper Grille

·
Registered
37 Posts
making ur ramps longer cuts down on the steep angle. sometimes u cant
fit longer ramps in ur truck box. so u add legs to ur ramps and add little
short bolts to the bottom of ur leg plates to prevent from sideways slipping. View attachment 151680
I always use ratchet syraps to secure the ramps to bed truck hitch. I cut two 2 by 1 pieces of wood the right length to put between the ramps on top and bottom. They act as spacers. When I snug up the ratchet straps everything is spaced properly for the wheels, secure to the truck so ramps won't move sideways or slip off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an 8' bed so 8' ramps fit. They work great. Used them for a Ranger one time, lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts