Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to forum. Wondering if anyone can tell me how to adjust the idle speed on a 2001 Sportsman 500 DUSE HO? I've got the carb off to replace the needle valve and seat due to another issue, and I don't see any adjustment screws on the carb that look like they would adjust idle timing or mixture. Before removing the carb, the idle speed was very high.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1 Posts
01 Polaris Sportsman idle

Hello all,

New to forum. Wondering if anyone can tell me how to adjust the idle speed on a 2001 Sportsman 500 DUSE HO? I've got the carb off to replace the needle valve and seat due to another issue, and I don't see any adjustment screws on the carb that look like they would adjust idle timing or mixture. Before removing the carb, the idle speed was very high.

Thanks,
Scott
First, you need to pop the cover off of the box mounted just above the throttle on your handle bars. Second, you need to find the junction in the accelerator cable about 4 inches outside of that box. Third, you need to look inside the box as you adjust to make sure all slack is out of the cable. Fourth, you need to adjust the screw under the carb until idle is correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts