Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a 93 350l 2x4 2 strokefor cheap this weekend. would not start got spark, checked carb and needsrebuilt..kit on the way. the guy mentioned something about the oil injection being disconnected. it appeared to be hooked up to the carb and one to bottom end. how would i go about checking it or bleeding it to make sure it works. he said he just mixed the oil and gas, but i would prefer no to. new to the site and atv world so any help would be great. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would unhook it at the carb and make sure the oil is getting to the carb. I know many people who have unhooked oil injection on various motors due to its tendency to plug up and not get oil to the engine. Mixing the gas and oil is a little more work but you always know for sure what your pre-mix ratio is, and you know it is getting oil. Just my 0.02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do u by chance know if the oil injection is fed by some kinda pump or siphon...tried to trace the lines from the reservoir and it looked like it went straight to carb...i guess my question is can i test it some how?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have never messed with a polaris one. I think there is a pump, but not for sure. Your best bet may be to get a repair manual, it will have a method to test it and prime it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts