Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. i need some help on bleeding the brakes on a 2000 polaris scrambler 500. can anyone give me some insight. thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
174 Posts
take the reserver cap off on the bars fill with brake fluid, crack the bleeder screws open and let them drip till it's flowing steady, just dont let the reserve go empty,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Before you crack the bleeder screws you need to pump up the pressure in the system and hold the pressure throughout the dripping process. Then make sure that you have tightened the bleeder before releasing the brake pedal/handle, this keeps the system from sucking air back in when the brake pedal/handle is released.

·
Registered
2 Posts
take the reserver cap off on the bars fill with brake fluid, crack the bleeder screws open and let them drip till it's flowing steady, just dont let the reserve go empty,
so I'm purchasing a 01 scrambler that needs some work. I notice the front brake resovoir has no fluid in it and the brake lever has been depressed. What do I need to do to get fluid back in here and fix this?

THanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts