Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some play in both my front and rear unjoints how do u check to see if they need to be replaced thanks 800 sportsman

·
Registered
200 Posts
Front in rear U-Joints on the Propshaft? or are you talking about the Axle CV joints?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Prop shafts
you would have to take the prop shaft off and wiggle the joints around, check for side to side play in the U-Joints

·
11,571 Posts
It's according to what year model it is as to whether it has 2 prop shafts or 1...and NO, you DO NOT have to take them out to check them.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I noticed some play in both my front and rear unjoints how do u check to see if they need to be replaced thanks 800 sportsman
Where is the play?
Grasp the shaft just behind the yokes and twist. There should be almost no rotational play in the uni. I like to use replacement u-joints with low profile zerks in the caps. They should last longer than the "factory sealed for short life" non greasable originals.
The splined plunge joint in the middle of the prop shaft is the same idea. Grab it on both sides of the joint and twist your hands in opposite directions. A small amount of play in the splines of the plunge joint is acceptable.

From orbit via Android.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts