Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You will need 1) 4 gal pack $99.95 2) standard pack mounts 29.95 each 3) 2 pieces of flat aluminum 2"/24" 4) 4 bolts and washers.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Start by setting fuel pack on box, drop mounts in slots from the top. You will not need the plates that come with the mounts. Position the fuel pack where you want it. Tip: make sure the pod clears when turning handle bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now the fun part. DRILL 2 pilot holes in one side, do not drill center hole, use a bit smaller than hole diameter,remove tank and drill holes through box lid.repeat process on other mount. Be sure to remove fuel pac and mounts to drill final holes, as the mount is threaded and you will damage the threads.use as a template to find hole location only.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I bought a 4' piece 2" aluminum flat bar from home depot and just cut it in half. Mark and install on underside of lid.I believe the bolts are #8 metric standard thread/ 2 3/4 long

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks good! I did the same thing right before our first trip in the woods. Glad I did cause I needed the extra fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I wanted to mount mine there too but I have the front rack extender. So I had to mount it on the back. Works just fine there too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice. Good manual.
can't do it to my maschine cause i need the pod light.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Excellent guide.

Did you reinforce the internal L&R box cable at all so it can better accommodate the extra weight of the fuel when the lid is opened? I am about to put a 2+2 setup on my box lid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts