Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount a shovel to my back bumper. Has anybody done it and are there special brackets for it? Pics would be nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
there are all sorts of different mounts out there I think it all depends on your preference.

·
Registered
260 Posts
army surplus folder is what I am going to carry

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Rhino Grips...... Velcro Electrical Straps...... :dunno:

This is a thinker...... :idea:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Shovel mounted

Here you go get some "Fist Grips" can find them on Amazon, and that same wal-mart shovel will look like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
with bumper and bag on the back

found another pic with bumper and bag on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Here you go get some "Fist Grips" can find them on Amazon, and that same wal-mart shovel will look like this.
I like it.... I like it alot!!! :fing02: Hmmmm.... That's got me thinking now!:thinking: :idea:

Just may have to do something like this myself. But can't think of a time I've needed a shovel on the trail, other than to barry my dookey! :D

Mau just have to remember these!! Original-Quick-Fist Link:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
The shovel is for when you need to use the TP you brought, you've sunk your quad into something you weren't expecting, winch failure, helping dig out other stuck vehicles, gold panning, shelter building, etc.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yep already had to use it for being stuck. That pick of the grips are exactly what I bought.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The shovel is for when you need to use the TP you brought, you've sunk your quad into something you weren't expecting, winch failure, helping dig out other stuck vehicles, gold panning, shelter building, etc.
I figured so.... I just couldn't think of a time personally (other than TP use), then I'd have needed it,

But I "MOST DEFINITELY" Love the idea..... may just have to look into it this weekend!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I've got a collapsible trenching shovel in my rear trunk.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've got a collapsible trenching shovel in my rear trunk.
I carried a small shovel too... Until I turned it into a backwards horseshoe trying to dig out my stuck quad... Have a full size one mounted now, but I like the look of those quick fist grips... May have to order some.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Out west during fire season we have to carry a shovel, axe and a fire ext. when riding. We use the rifle racks off the rack extender. It holds the shovel and axe pretty good.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I like it. :D Carrying a short shovel without giving up rack top space.

A short shovel like that with a fullsize shovel head is a heckuva lot better than a trench shovel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts