Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the clutch cover - I am having trouble getting two of the bottom bolts off - the metal inserts on the inner cover are turning - how can I get these last two bolts off? Please help?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Most automotive applications use a nut that looks like a top hat and goes in from the back side of the cover. Feel the back of the cover and see if you can feel a flat hex nut spinning while you turn the screw. If so, put a wrench on it and remove the screws. Good luck, Buddy.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
11,164 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, there is no nut or metal insert in the inner cover. It's just plastic. The screws have likely been overtightened. You'll have to stick something in from behind and push out on the screw while turning it.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Or grab the screws with a pliers and pull out on them while turning and see if you can get them out. An impact gun may have enough zip to spin them free as well sometimes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
they used a nutsert from the back side, you got 2 of the worst ones to deal with...had to cut the screw head off with cutting wheel on a die grinder which got the plastic hot and made the leftover part get stuck unable to just push out...had to heat up the plastic soft enough with a mini torch to be able to drive out the remains...what a pain in the...well you get my drift...good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts