Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently greasing my 2009 550 XP efi/eps. When I tries to push the grease coupler on the fitting on the upper zerk on the rear left side a-arm, it just fell off. I suspect the guy who last worked on my atv at the dealer ripped it off and jsut stuck it back in place so he wouldn't have to fix it. Anyway...

How do I replace this sucker. It looks like the threads are gone (if it had any?) Maybe it is just the push in type. How can I find out what size these zerks are so I can get the proper replacements? Also, is there anyway to fix this without taking the a-arm out, drilling and tapping a new hole??

Thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It bet it just broke off and the threads are still in the a-arm all you will need to get it out is an easy-out tool it's used for bolts that broke off but with this fitting you will not have to drill a hole because it has one already. You should be able to do it without taking anything apart. You just tap the easy-out in the hole and use a wrench on the end and twist it out.

·
Registered
745 Posts
There's two types, threaded, and push in. I don't know what yours has, but if it was a push in, then it's no big deal. Just get a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts