Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my daughter has had difficulty riding my Scrambler 1000 and has had a few crashes which she escaped unhurt. Shes having trouble applying to much power at bad times. Is there a way to restrict power to the engine for a while (say a yr) until she gets used to it? i dont want to buy a new ATV for her, but i will if theres no other options. i also have a renegage 1000 so no help there, lol.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Maybe just pull the trigger on an ATV that is within her abilities. How old is she?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Get her a cheap atv, they are all over craigslist. It's a bad idea to let a beginner ride a 1000. Horrible idea.

·
Registered
260 Posts
tape some wood to the inside of the throttle blade,that way she can not open it up

·
Registered
260 Posts
on the bars....

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm looking for something similar on my 500. I looked at smaller units, like the predator 90's, 125, and the phoenix, she is too tall for them but needs more experience before getting a bigger one. The smaller predators I see have a screw to adjust the throttle. I am wondering if someone couldn't take some winch hardware and make a stop.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
And this is exactly why it is a violation to allow your child under 12 years of she to operate an ATV above 90cc's. Lack of parental common sense. Maybe just maybe if she has had a couple of close calls and can't handle the power then maybe we should wait to let her ride it? You are talking about the largest engine on a machine that weighs in at half a ton. Maybe it is just too much for a "kid" who needs more experience to handle?

·
Registered
118 Posts
And this is exactly why it is a violation to allow your child under 12 years of she to operate an ATV above 90cc's. Lack of parental common sense. Maybe just maybe if she has had a couple of close calls and can't handle the power then maybe we should wait to let her ride it? You are talking about the largest engine on a machine that weighs in at half a ton. Maybe it is just too much for a "kid" who needs more experience to handle?
Post 3 & 5 asked the age of the child in question and this has not been answered. Do you know information that the rest of us do not know?

50% of the ATV Owner's manual is all safety, and if you read it I would bet my bottom dollar that 90% of the board is in 'violation' of these rules. Drive a touring and bring a passenger with you? Violation. Drive fast? Violation.

Rather than telling the guy he is in violation of rules when we know limited information, let's help him to at least be safe about his judgement. A 1000cc unit has a lot of power for most riders period. I wouldn't let many adults get on them.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I do not. I will say that I am assuming that as a "kid" and the unwillingness to post an age that his daughter is not 18. My point is that if she can't handle the 1000 then she shouldn't ride it. I apologize that I went into my own personal agenda for a bit. My daughter rides beyond the capability of her 90 but she is not quite ready for her 500.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
And if you notice I was the 5th post. My daughter is 8 1/2 and my son is 12. I have no fear of posting their ages because I am RESPONSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts