Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So when I have the black and red wires unplugged and check voltage at the regulator I get 0 but the stator checks good. Bad regulator?

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Usually you have some voltage reading. You sure the stator wires are booked up to the regulator??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stator wires were hooked to the regulator and I got NOTHING coming out of the regulator. The black and red were not hooked to the regulator. They had just under 12v.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
What are you working on??? Are you able to test the stator wires at the regulator??? Sounds like the reg isnt getting any juice from the stator. Sounds like there either not connected or broken. If you can verify you have stator voltage to the regulator on all 3 legs and nothing coming out then yeah VR is NG!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are you working on??? Are you able to test the stator wires at the regulator??? Sounds like the reg isnt getting any juice from the stator. Sounds like there either not connected or broken. If you can verify you have stator voltage to the regulator on all 3 legs and nothing coming out then yeah VR is NG!!!
That is exactly what I have

·
Registered
5 Posts
The stator is testing good (less than 3 ohms resistance between each set of legs and 20v at idle between each set of legs) but no DC voltage coming out of the regulator.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Yup anytime!!! Let us know how how it works out!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts