Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

I looking at tracks for my 850XP, I'm curious how wide your rig is with them and which ones do you have?

thanks, in advance,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! I'm looking at TJD's and they are around 60" too. Seems pretty wide until I looked at the fact that they raise the ATV about 5 inches too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else? I'm curious as NH law requires a weight of no more than 1200lbs and width of 54". I can't see 54" happening much less safely with the added height.

thoughts?

Cheers,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Anyone else? I'm curious as NH law requires a weight of no more than 1200lbs and width of 54". I can't see 54" happening much less safely with the added height.

thoughts?

Cheers,
Lesn8r
Lesn8r when/what setting and to who does this weight/width law apply in NH. Is it like on state trails, etc?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GaleHawkins - to be considered a "Snowmobile" in the state of NH your ATV has to have tracks and be 1200lbs or less and no more than 54" vehicle width. This allows you to get stickered as a "Snowmobile" and ride on all state sanctioned snowmobile trails, following the same rules etc as a traditional snowmobile.

... my interpretation is I can ride the snowmobile trails in the winter, with my tracked atv, that the fishcops will chase me on in the summer :)

Another fine point, this is in So. New Hampshire, Northern New Hampshire has opened over a 1000 mi of trails to ATVing (see Ride the Wilds Coos, Co.) all summer :)

Cheers,
Lesn8r

1 - 14 of 14 Posts