Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband wants a Sportsman 450. Is there a good web site to do comparison pricing? Can you deal on a atv like you deal on a new car?

·
Registered
563 Posts
What year is the 450?You might want to check into a 500 or bigger depending on what you want to pay.A 450 is pretty similar to the 500.You can deal a little with some dealers and some are A holes.If they wont come off the price at all,then I would check out a different dealer.Dont expect them to come down too much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have just started looking for an atv. We have never owned one before. A used one would be nice, but I am worried of getting ripped off when buying used. The neighbor has a Sportsman 450 and we like it. It will be used on a small farm.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm not sure how many dealers are in your area,but I would at least look around some to see what kind of deal you can get.I'm like you,unless I know or trust the person who owned it before me,then I probably wont buy it unless its a really good deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you find a good deal .... and there are some out there, if at all possible take someone with you that knows about'em and things to look for ( chain sprocker wear / bent axle / bad starter ) look it over .......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts