Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, so I'm wondering if there is anywhere in oklahoma that you can use the four Wheeler to hunt with. I don't think I can use it on the public land. Dragged a 150# hog out of the woods on Saturday that my buddy shot and would have been really easy with the Wheeler. Also if anyone knows any good spots for hogs near OKC I'd love to hear about it. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
I can't imagine what the recoil would be like on a gun that could launch a quad... Not to mention that's some pretty expensive ammo... :D Sorry, I couldn't resist.

As far as public land goes, looks like you'll be pretty limited:
www.eregulations.com said:
Non-Ambulatory & Motor Vehicle Permittees
Off-road use of a vehicle on public lands is prohibited except for non-ambulatory permittees on designated areas open to non-ambulatory permittees and area roads designated as open to non-ambulatory permittees and motor vehicle hunt permittees.

Non-ambulatory permittees may ride an Off-Road Vehicle/All-Terrain Vehicle from parking area or campsite to designated non-ambulatory areas. Firearms must be unloaded and/or cased while on roads. Use on county or state roads must comply with Title 47 requirements.

Non-ambulatory permittees may carry firearms with ammunition in the magazine only while upland game hunting from an ATV and while on designated non-ambulatory areas.

Off-road travel by non-ambulatory permittees with ORV/ATV is permitted in designated areas only. ORV/ATV vehicles will be restricted to utility type vehicles weighing less than 1,250 pounds.
Source: Department-Managed Area Rules | 2013 Oklahoma Hunting Guide | eRegulations.com

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True! Lol. And I saw that on the wma website. Guess I'll stick with going on foot lol. Although if anyone is in oklahoma and wants me to shoot hogs on their land I would love to hear from you! Lol

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Hunting is one thing, recovery is another. You might want to look into if you can use an ATV to recover game. Most places don't allow ambulatory people to hunt from an ATV. but some may allow for access to an from lands via ATV. This would allow for recovery of game, and quicker access to hunting grounds. Again, this is speculation, but may be something to look into. Drive in, park, hunt, harvest, Recover, drive out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I look on the internet at the hunting regulations for oklahoma and it seems that you cannot use any type of motor vehicle on the public land. Maybe one day I will find some private land to hunt on and get to use it but until then I think I will have to walk on the public land. Of course if anyone knows something different please feel free to chime in. Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
your best bet is to go knocking on farms and land owners with hog problems....then you can ride your ATV and get some meat....they are big crop destroyers and ruin a tract of land in no time....cant hurt to try....

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Name this movie

"... But she's got HUGE... Tracks of Land!"

Sorry but :hijacked:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
sorry to hi jack..but the answer is monty python and the Holy grail

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Can't hear the word tracts without that quote coming to mind.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Name this movie

"... But she's got HUGE... Tracks of Land!"

Sorry but :hijacked:
Holy Grail

"Listen, lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up! And that's what you're gonna get, lad: the strongest castle in these islands. "

We live in a bloody swamp. We need all the land we can get.
But-- but I don't like her.
Don't like her?! What's wrong with her?! She's beautiful. She's rich. She's got huge... tracts o' land!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts