Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I never did get my awd working correctly as I wanted to wait until the snow has stopped. Original issue the awd only works going forward. I have changed the fluid, flushed the differential and replaced the fluid 3 times. I have tried testing the switch and it seems to be working correctly. I have unplugged the wires going to the differential and measured to see if there is power there, and there seems to be ( if I am doing it correctly, using my multimeter with probes placed into plug, is this correct?). Now here is the kicker, with the plug UNPLUGGED the awd still works going forward?!?! Isn't that plug what supplies power to the armature plate?

So does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey! Sorry to hear about your issues. Had some problems of my own with the front diff and its not fun. Yours to me sounds like a cracked/ broken sprague cage or a magnetized armature plate. Hopefully someone more senior can jump in and lend a hand too!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I found out that it doesn't always stay working forward, it will stop once I shift it out of gear, then it goes back to 2wd and will not engage again when it is unplugged.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Push it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's all good now, cage was toast.
Thanks for all the help!