Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 for me and 1 for my son and I love em!!!!
I have a question though the boy kinda whacked a big ol tree the other day and after that it ratchets sometimes going into forward any idea's. The only damage I saw was the nose piece broke kinda like a grab rail in the front snapped the hardened allen head bolt off that is a sumanagun to get out. But I think it's just an adjustment issue but I'd kinda like to here from some folks who are familiar with them if ya could.
Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sounds like the linkage needs adjusted. Not to be a smart ass, but you bought a 200cc quad for yourself and you love it? You must be small rider, I have one for the kids. And I ride it from time to time to make sure the brakes and everything is okay. It is kinda fun but really lacks any power to climb or anything.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hell no I aint small:) Thats the funny thing I thought it would do anything with me on it WRONG the thing goes anywhere. I bought it for several reasons though. 1.) they are interchangeable, 2.) he is just 12 and it will be good for him for a couple years,3.) I didn't think he would be bolting all that fast I was wrong about that as well. 4.) It was very cost effective to purchase both at once from a guy with 2 teenagers. 5.) I ride a streetbike most of the time and have no need for speed if I do my 1125CR has all I need:veryhappy:
Thanks for the advice BTW I will adjust the linkage tomorrow and report.
Dave

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got a Phoenix 200 for my son too and I have had a lot of fun on that as well. I actually rode with my wife and I on the machine together. It handled just fine. I was surprised that it was able to haul two grown adults with no problems.

Have fun with them and post some pics of the ATVs too! :beer:

·
Registered
479 Posts
The Phoenix 200 is the most unappreciated ATV in Polaris Lineup. It's absolutely perfect for a beginner or a child. It's not fast out of the box (it has a limiter) but handles great. I have one for my son and I have used it a couple of times and it's a blast to toss around the corners. Now if you are big rider they don't like steep hills and the shift linkage is a bit of a dog. I am looking for a set of wheels to pimp it out cause my son keeps on dogging me about it. My two sportsmans have pimp wheels and he wants to join the bandwagon.:lmao:

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Yeah they're small and a bit low on power. But are you and your son having fun? Because that's really all that counts!
Congrats, hope they treat you well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I adjusted the cables just a little bit and it is quite a bit better but I still have a little bit of ratchet but not all the time Thanks Guys!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts