Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Post, sorry it is a help needed question.

While installing a winch on my 2013 sportsman 400, I knocked a small tube off of somewhere and cant seem to figure out where the part came from.

It all happened when I was trying to route the battery cable in the back of the machine to the battery. Somehow, as I pushed the cable back through a hole in the frame, I knocked off a small clear tube. The tube was approximately six inches long and and about a quarter of an inch in diameter. You can see that only one end connected to anything, as it is slightly expanded where it pushed over a nipple. The tube has two very small slits near the end that attaches to the nipple.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where this tube might go? I cant seem to find anywhere it would attach.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
if it has a red t-shaped plug on one end that is the drain for the air intake box.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its not the air-box line. That line is still in place. It is smaller in diameter than that. Thanks though.

Also, I can post a pic of it later. Just not handy at the moment.

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
ok well the only other clear line I can think of that is back there is the trans axel vent tube.

if u start at the air box drain line its the next clear line with the blue clamp as you move toward the rear brake fill reservoir.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
it may be the battery vent tube...look for a down spout on the sides up top...little nipple pointing down

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
hmmmmm good call al53. my bike doesn't have a battery vent tube. u da man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts