Polaris ATV Forum banner

I Could Use a Little HELP

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  buddy_1 
#1 ·
New to the fourm, hello hello hello!
I purchased a 1996 Magnum 425. The guy said he had gone through it and all was good. I asked what was wrong if anything and he replied, "nothing. It just needs to be ridden." Its seemed fine, no smoke, started up on a dime, etc etc... I really didnt want to spend any real cash as I wanted to feel comfortable leaving it at the deer lease. Seemed like the perfect bike...NO!!!

I have bought a battery, starter, starter relay, plug, fuel pump, Carb, brake master cylinder assembly, starter button assembly, radiator cap, oil filter and of course all the fluids. Now I'm thinking wire and ignition coil. Thats another180 bucks.

Question...Is there a place that you guys/gals buy your parts and not break the bank? I already have a small fortune in this thing.

#4 ·
Sounds like you are finding out the same thing I did years ago when buying cheap atv's trying to save a buck or flip to make a buck. They are money pits if they've been neglected at all, and will easily put you much deeper into them than they are worth. Just like boats. Keep an eye out for people parting out your model and buy used parts when you can, that will save you a ton of money.

#5 ·
Question...Is there a place that you guys/gals buy your parts and not break the bank? I already have a small fortune in this thing.
Check out site sponsor Honda East Toledo here Honda East Toledo | For Sale Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki Polaris Can-Am Sea-Doo Ski-Doo Arctic Cat Victory Kymco Aprilia Motorcycle ATV Side by Side Personal Watercraft Snowmobile Scooter 4x4 Utility Vehicle Generator Ohio Michigan Indiana , they have really good prices. Welcome to the forum, Buddy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.