Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dealer really wants me to buy some very like new tracks he had traded in to them on a deal and asked me if I wanted to demo them for the weekend. Very excited dropping it off in the morning and picking it up after I get off work to play all weekend with it. I will let you know my thoughts after the weekend.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I think I would take the tracks, then disappear. Change my # and leave the country. FREE TRACKS!!! Lol

Take some pics! The track kits are bad ass. But they are too rich for my blood!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Cool! Where are you at Cubby? I'm in St.Regis. Take lots of pics and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Miles City, about 140 miles east of billings. Can't wait to try them, we have a good amount of snow around here so it should be fun!! And yes pictures to come.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really like the tracks, but don't like how it throws the speedo so far off. Now it looks like I'm putting more miles on it then I really am. Not sure if they ake a kit to remedy that? But sorry no pictures today the wind was blowing so bad that the wind chill had to be -30. But tomorrow is supposed to be nicer so I will try then lol. I can say that I'm pretty much sold on them for the price I'm getting them at, they make a huge difference almost takes the fun out of winter riding ALMOST I SAY LOL!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ridinagain can probably offer much better advice than any of us, but I would think that a new clutch kit would help with tracks. Maybe even help bring your speedo readings down to more accurate levels. I'm not sure though, check with him.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Already have a QSC kit from Ryan in the wheeler but clutch kit will do nothing for the speedo being off. Love the kit to really best bang for the buck upgrade on my machine.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ok, I wasn't sure if it would or not. I'm not sure where it gets it's speedo reading from, didn't know if clutching would alter that calculation any or not.

Sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal on those tracks though. I'm kind of jealous. Do you do any plowing? If so, would you mind giving an update after you try to plow with the tracks? Or is it even possible to plow with tracks with them sticking out of the front end?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lots of plowing but not sure I will with the tracks on. See I have a plow now that I use on both my canam 800 and the Polaris, I would have to extend the bottom tube to make it work for the tracks which I hate to do in case I want to plow with my other machine so I think I will pass on the new plow made for tracks considering it cost way to much for my blood lol.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry guys for taking so long but I was really busy this last week, anyway here's some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
That thing is awesome!! Sounds like it's a no brainer to buy them :yup:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea for the price I couldn't resist, I bought them...

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
sweeeet ! !

·
Registered
144 Posts
How well does the machine float in the snow with the tracks?

·
Registered
450 Posts
That is badass Cubby!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts