Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Oregon Sand Dunes. First time with the Polaris 800 Touring model! I'll try to keep the rubber down. Well be down there Thursday and Friday, and come back home Sat. before the crowds get there!:alcoholic::drillsergeant: I'll take the laptop to keep a EYE on everyone on here!:smokin:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sound's like fun, have a great time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
where abouts you heading too? there are 3 main areas on the Oregon dunes, Florance, Reedsport and North Bend, all 3 places are excellent rides, i have a personal preference for Florance, in the afternoon, the wind "grooms" the sand and the next morning you get a really smooth ride!
if you're looking for some great hill climbing, then Reedsport is a fun place with many challenging hills.
North Bend has a vast area, mixed with all kinds of dunes, but usually rough and torn up the majority of the time
Happy Trails!
Rick, Ore :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope to hit all the areas, but???

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok were out of here!:eclipsee:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the first day under my belt, I don't think the wifey remembered a camera. I was able to keep the rubber down. Only 60-65 degrees here today, and a little warmer I think tomorrow. The dog got a good running in chasing us!

·
Registered
553 Posts
We ride Florance several time a year and always enjoy it. We are heading down there next weekend with our riding group if everyone can go. I hope we get to go I am ready to go for a ride. We like Florance because there is a level of riding for all skill levels and lots of room. Hope you have a good time!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Were staying in Coos Bay tonight and tomorrow, I think I'll check out the riding on the South end tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There saying 30% Chance of rain next weekend??

·
Registered
553 Posts
Actually I meant to say we are going the weekend of the 15th I guess that is the following weekend, hopefully the weather will be nice that weekend.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea that's the weekend I was looking at on the 10 day forecast! Hey I'll be driving up I-5 Sat. afternoon maybe I'll see you on a over pass in the area!:newangel::eek:oops: White F-150 one of those flag rock guards, towing my Polaris in my Costco trailer!:privateeye:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm getting better in the sand with the big machine, it's been FUN upper 60's here today. And had rained a little during the night! Drive back home tomorrow!

·
Registered
553 Posts
won't see me I am not working weekends right now.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:racer::1244::cop:You don't work weekends??

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not very often, those shifts are for the rookies! When you have 30 yrs on you get some perks!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I don't suppose you know Fish and game out of Port Angeles?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Posts 666 I'd better get rid of that!:dong:

·
Registered
553 Posts
No don't know that name. Only really know the fish and game people from around this area.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's been raining a bit for the last week and I went out on some trails with a DR. friend he was on a 450 KTM. We got clay all over and he got stuck several times. But it was a good day!:zha:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts