Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a knocking sound coming from my 2015 sportsman 570 efi.. I just bought it. The sound only occurs while rolling really slow, or going over bumps. It sounds like something is loose, but I can’t seem to find anything loose. I’ll attach a video of the sound.. if anyone has any ideas.. please let me know!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Doesn’t sound real good whatever it is, looks like it’s shaking the bike when it does it too. It sounds like a uni joint has collapsed & banging around? Hope you find it.
Cheers.......Pete.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn’t sound real good whatever it is, looks like it’s shaking the bike when it does it too. It sounds like a uni joint has collapsed & banging around? Hope you find it.
Cheers.......Pete.
If that was the case, wouldn’t you hear it at all speeds? You can only hear it when slowly rolling or going over bumps, forgot to mention, last time I took it in the woods I hit a bump and the whole bike shut down and threw a check engine light. Turned back on no problem, but it was weird.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
maybe 4 mounts. Youll see the motor move under load if theyre bad. you can also pry up on the motor to see if it moves. to me sounds like the clutch's. more then likely the primary. how many miles and hours on the machine? should pull the cover and get a vid of the clutches as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe 4 mounts. Youll see the motor move under load if theyre bad. you can also pry up on the motor to see if it moves. to me sounds like the clutch's. more then likely the primary. how many miles and hours on the machine? should pull the cover and get a vid of the clutches as well.
I just uploaded the issue on Facebook as well, someone said it’s possible that it’s just because it’s rolling too slow in high range.. but if that’s the case, something is still loose and it’s obviously problematic because it shut the bike off.

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
477 Posts
I just uploaded the issue on Facebook as well, someone said it’s possible that it’s just because it’s rolling too slow in high range.. but if that’s the case, something is still loose and it’s obviously problematic because it shut the bike off.
No that’s wrong it does not make that noise due to going slow in high gear

·
Registered
477 Posts
I’m not too sure what to do in this situation.
Best thing you did was post it here with a video of noise, the 570 experts here will surely help you. I’d set aside some time to go over the entire drive train for loose or damaged parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any idea where I should start looking? Transmission? Drive shaft? U joints?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Any idea where I should start looking? Transmission? Drive shaft? U joints?
I would check the easiest first, Yes U Joints, drive shafts, axles. Gear box/transmission mounts, attaching bolts, transmission play. That sound does kinda have the twang of a non oil bath part.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would check the easiest first, Yes U Joints, drive shafts, axles. Gear box/transmission mounts, attaching bolts, transmission play. That sound does kinda have the twang of a non oil bath part.
Hey, also check if the noise is there with the break applied.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I agree it sounds like clutches. Open’er’up I think you’ll see!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like mine when universal under brake pedal went out!! U no the one with the hard to get to zerk on it!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts