Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone. I'm new here, name's Erik.

I have a 2006 800 twin that I just dug out of cold storage today. Extenuating circumstances led to me not being able to ride it for the past two years but I'm back in the game now. The machine was in a state of mid repair and now I'm a little lost. I have this CDI box looking thing that I'm pretty sure mounts in front of the radiator so it gets cooled but for the life of me I can't remember just now it gets mounted.

Does anyone have a pic of theirs mounted on their machine? Or maybe you're front end's apart and you could snap a pic for me?

I'd really appreciate!

Semper fi, Erik

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Isn't that up front behind or under where the winch mounts? And welcome to the board!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Yea pull off the winch cover it faces back to the rad. with the fins down and bolts to the 2 metal braces that come froward to the bumper area! Should be a nice plug or 2 to connect with in that area!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea pull off the winch cover it faces back to the rad. with the fins down and bolts to the 2 metal braces that come froward to the bumper area! Should be a nice plug or 2 to connect with in that area!
Perfect! The lack of bolt holes threw me off, there were 2 little holes that lined up so I secured it with a pair of self tappers. Thank so much!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Hey your the first one I've helped so feel lucky!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts