Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the part #2874548 about $30 and all went well! I guess it took me 1 hour? Remove old "locks" (that don't lock) and replace with new keyed locks (that lock), you just need to remove the old "hook" and grind off the "lump on it", then install the old hook to new lock and enjoy!:p And the semi-hard rear bag for the Touring model looks sweet, even the wifey was impressed with the storage in it! Part # 2847548!:cool:

·
Registered
421 Posts
i still want to do the locks to my front lid. will they fit the rear storage box? are they sold each? polaris dealer?

thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can you post some pictures please. Would like to see it.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I don't have any pics. yet, they are sold as a set of 2 from the polaris dealer with above part # I'm not sure if it would work on the back one. I'll go take a look!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see why it wouldn't work for the back too. But you would end up with an extra lock, which you could sell to me for $20 with free shipping!:inc:

·
Registered
421 Posts
so do they work like the orignal locks. by that i mean can you just latch them with out locaking, and you have the option of locking it?
ill check my local polaris dealer on wed. see if they have it, and if your serious ill take you up on that offer!!!!!

thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea they just lock like the regular one's! I took pics. I'll down load them later!

·
Registered
421 Posts
i didnt have chance to today to go look. but i will on thursday. i got a chance to try out my home made lock and ride sprayer mount. worked great i might add. and now i got my rotopack gas packs. i want to mount them on thurs. i justt keep adding more stuff to my wheeler.im gina need to buy a new wheeler and start all over again. haha

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Extra key alert!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts