Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brakes have been out for a bit on this bike (2002 Sportsman 700) and I just got the last
line I need. The foot brake line was cut so I got a new one and I cannot seem to find where it hooks up to. I think it might be on the rear caliper but I can’t find where at, a video or diagram would be great.
Please Help..
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
Foot brake operates just the rear brake and has it own master cylinder.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
There is two lines on the rear caliper - 8 and 9 - 8 is the hand brake line and 9 is the foot brake line

The line connecting to the center is the rear brake line and the line off to the side is the hand brake

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. I found it.. is the foot brake supposed to push in the master cylinder? Because if so I think it’s froze up.

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
push in the master cylinder??? going to have to elaborate on that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
push in the master cylinder??? going to have to elaborate on that.
I mean by what does the foot brake need to push in or anything to make it work? I have to get a new rear caliper before I put fluid though.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Like all hydraulic brake systems, there is a master cylinder cylinder and a slave cylinder (caliper) - the foot pedal acts upon a master cylinder that operates the caliper.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like all hydraulic brake systems, there is a master cylinder cylinder and a slave cylinder (caliper) - the foot pedal acts upon a master cylinder that operates the caliper.
Yes, so on the master cylinder should the foot brake push in any sort of piston or anything to make it send a signal to the caliper?

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
no its a separate system. although they do share a common point that being the rear caliper. so with the rear brake being depressed there may be some back pressure noticed at the hand brake master.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts