Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok...I am looking for a front rack extender for a 2002 Sportsman 500..its a gen IV .the last year that fits is a 2003..Now I see some on ebay for 2005 an 06...look sorta close but the mounting may be different...they are for a Gen VI model....i want to see if I can make it fit a Gen IV

Now what I need is any one with or with our an extender to Measure across the back mount hole to mount hole ...then from the rear mount to the side mount hole..then measure the front mount holes from left to right or vice verssa so I can get a measurement of the mount holes in front from one side to the other

Thanks
Al

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I need a Gen IV gresh..lol...but want measurements of those with an 04 or 05 to see what the mount measurements are....

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Better to measure from a center line and get hole center to hole center, and center line of rear holes to center line of front holes with the distance from the rear center line to the "side" center line and front center line to side center line.

Rear center to center = ?
Side center to center = ?
Front center to center = ?
Rear center to front center = ?
Rear center to side center = ?
Front center to side center = ?

With the center lines it will allow you to determine if the angels match up, not just the lengths. could be the same length, but oriented totally differently so that the angles don't match up.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Thor...That was very nice of you...i was in a rush asking..lol...i was out plowing an bringing coal up to house...why I want the rack,,the bags slide off....ok...use Thors way to measure....he was kind enough to correct my way..Thanks Thor

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Coal? you live in Dickensian England? lol

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL....I have not bought oil in 25 years...I use to burn American wood...but that got old..or I did..then I went over to coal ..American coal from Pennsy...its much better than wood....wish I did it long ago...it keeps the house at a even heat..not just one room like wood....its like a pellet stove....put a bag in the hopper an relax with a beer....

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Coal is wonderful stuff. At least it is in my forge. Haven' tried to heat a house with it. lol.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no one HAS A 2005 sportsman to measure....

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You to have a little patience .....these things sometimes take time. It's only been posted for half a day.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know....sorry....just that I have just a day on ebay for one...before it ends...

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I don't think a newer Gen will fit. But I'm not positive about that. The pics I've seen of newer Gen quads with rack extensions seem like they are different sizes/designs than ours.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I think the hardest thing in finding someone that doesn't have something mounted on the back already that can get the measurements for you. Most of us have a bag or hard trunk mounted up that prevents us from measuring for you. Not that mine would be any help if I measured anyway. But you get the point.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thor..I am looking for the front rack measurements...I have the rear one ...even if they dont have a rack in front just the measurements from the mounting holes...there is just 4 of them

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
ah. my bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts