Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just bought a 90s trail boss from my dads buddy for 40 bucks and it has no motor and I need one I think it has a 400 because there was a top end rebuild kit and it said it was a 400 so I am lookin for a motor its 4x4 and im geussin a 350 will also work so let me know if any of u have one I don't care if Its blown up I just need a motor thxs

·
Registered
3,096 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Ok. Let me check but i'm pretty sure you can use an xplorer 400 engine with getting too crazy with making things fit

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Any 2 stroke Polaris 400 engine out of a trailboss, scrambler, big boss, sport, or xplorer SHOULD fit. You can get 400 xplorer engines off of ebay for cheap.

I thought there was something with different intakes for certain years but my info is telling me that it should fit

EDIT: Do you have the radiator and all the liquid cooling components?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Xplorer 400 were 4x4

The sports were NOT

·
Registered
72 Posts
ok I just bought a 90s trail boss from my dads buddy for 40 bucks and it has no motor and I need one I think it has a 400 because there was a top end rebuild kit and it said it was a 400 so I am lookin for a motor its 4x4 and im geussin a 350 will also work so let me know if any of u have one I don't care if Its blown up I just need a motor thxs
from Taber?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts