Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 550 XP LE and I turned the front spring adjustment up 2 notches from stock and the rear up 1. Wondering what other people have theirs set on.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
depends on your weight. I turned my 850's to the max and my 500's have spacers in them as the springs are soft. I am 230lbs but prefer the height over the plushness.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My 850 touring is set on the middle adjustment on the front and it is up one notch on the rear.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I am 225, I have mine in the middle. I prefer the slightly better articulation.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I want to know where I can find the tool to adjust the springs. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ Just grab the adjustment sleeve with water pump pliers.

I have both my front and rear on the softest settings.... on HD springs! Even on the softest setting the rear doesn't sag with 2 people.

On stock springs I had the front halfway and the rears at the tightest setting.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't have water pump pliers, and I don't want to use channel locks or a pipe wrench. I really just want to know what size spanner I should buy.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The spanner sucks anyways, its too short to get enough leverage to turn.

·
Registered
71 Posts
EPI springs on the front, rear maxed out on the rear. EPI rear springs will be ordered soon. It's worth it. I wish I knew about these springs sooner.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Just dropped front and rear to the lowest settings. The Jccapri bushings tightened it up a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts