Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum, and want to say hi to all you polaris riders out there and I need some advice on a clutch kit for my 2000 sportsman 500.
I bought it last summer and did some well needed maintenance along with some performance changes like KN filter,E3 sparkplug,airbox mods,jetted up,high flow muffler w/exhaust tape on the entire pipe,etc.
This atv works great but I think the clutching is holding it back and sometimes when i am cruisen and let off the trottle and then gas it again, it does not want to accellerate,but if I stop and then give it full throttle,it will accellerate to top speed again?? This is an ebs clutch system and I am new to this style of clutch, it is nice for going down hills,etc but I wonder if a ebs clutch allows less performance when compared to a free wheeling clutch.
I want to install a proven clutch kit that really makes a good differance and am thinking of a heelclicker kit, i hear these work great on sleds, but has anybody tried them on a sportsman 500 or similer?
Or should I change to a free wheel clutch and then put in a clutch kit?
If there are any other type of clutch kits anybody knows of that worked, I will consider those as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I will take them into consideration, Hot Seat is a good pipe builder, I have a 2 stroke pipe from them that I used to run on a previous 96 Scrambler 400 I used to own and it made good power,etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the new 2 hole heelclicker kit in my 800 and it works great. It did take about 6 tries to get the right combo fo my set-up. The time taken to dial it in was well worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Juicedcummins, Its good to hear a success story about healclickers in a polaris ATV!
Do you drive Dodge cummins? I got one two, a 91 W250 5 speed, a faithful truck!
Do you or anybody out there know where to get a good deal on a healclicker clutch kit?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I am running an 05 3500srw right now and wrenched on them back to the mid 90's.
Do a search for heel-clicker forums and you will get a pile of info including the contact # for ordering.
The pre 08 Polaris benefited the most from the heel-clicker kit. Hopefully one of the posts on the forum will help you shortcut the dialing in. Mine was a new kit because Polaris changed things on the 08 800.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts