Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier today i was riding my polaris Predator alone and i noticed it was making a weird sound(like i was in 3rd gear when i should be in second) so i shifted down and went to first and it cleaned up. About 5 minutes later it bogged WAY down so i shifted all the way down to first and it just quit. It was really hard starting but i got it going i rode about 100 yards and it quit again and it would no longer start. It is getting gas, and oil. It has a clean air filter. We brought it home and some how got it started but when u would give it gas it would die so obviously the spark is still good. I NEED SOME HELP PLEASE. thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
67 Posts
just because it cranks, doesnt mean it getting good fire. the fire could stop after it runs for a minute. in the thumb throttle there should be a cap on top and it come off with a flat head screwdriver to pry it off. in there you should see two metal leads. make sure those leads dont touch. push the throttle down and watch to make sure they dont touch. if those two metal leads touch it grounds out the system. no fire. that might be why it does when you press the throttle. if it touches when you press the throttle, i recommend balling up just a little electrical tape and putting it between the leads. should solve your problem. if that doesnt do it. sounds like your cdi box is bad. let me know what you find out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a somewhat similar problem, i have an 04 predator 500 and its been having problems, the airbox got too full with oil and the carb sucked it in so i cleanded the carb and it bogged on low throttle, i re-adjusted the carb and it ran better but not perfect, after taking the carb apart for the third time and putting it back together it ran perfect for about 5 minutes of riding then it just suddenly died and never started. is there any suggestions for me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts