Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Polaris filter and cost me over $12, I just bought a WIX both make in the USA and paid $8! And why does Polaris sell oil in 4 quart containers when the machine only uses 2 quarts?:deadhorse::wc::call2:

·
Registered
441 Posts
polaris oil filter [ prob. made in china ]

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polaris is also made in USA!

·
Registered
421 Posts
i read somewhere the same filter is used in subaru or something. the name was on the other side of the filter along with the polaris name. its the same for the efi fuel pumps. there the same as a 92 car. cant rember the name. $500 for the tank and pump, or a autoparts place just the pump is round $100.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fram makes subaru

·
Registered
119 Posts
made in china assembled in usa..:slap:
On the contrary, all three of them are made in the USA, and in the same building for that matter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use Fram filters on my 03 Sportsman

Mobil 1 0-W40 synthetic oil and Mobil 1 synthetic transmission fluids since the very first fluid change.

Talked to a certified tech that told me they buy their stuff from Castrol (I believe, or someone along those lines), inject a dye and bottle it in their containers.

Either way, there are very reliable products that don't have the same sticker shock as the Polaris Brands and serve the same purpose.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Polaris filter is no doubt made by Fram, Wix, Puroalator or someone else you have heard of. I doubt Polaris has its own filter/ oil factory. I'm a big fan of Mobil-1 oil and NAPA filters.Top quality and almost half the price of the Polaris stuff.. I have been using this combination of oil/filter, for years and years, on a bunch of different Polaris machines with 0 issues. On machines that have called for non synthetic oils I have used NAPA filters and regular Castrol or Valvoline motorcycle 10w-40 oil…again ZERO issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts