Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let see some pics of your atv setups for that hard water fishing!!lets see how you have your things loaded to go to the lake and how you have your atv set up to get out to the shack. I'm looking for ideas for this yr (first yr fishing with a atv)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here are some old pics of my old setup. We have to have flotation on the Madison chain of lakes, so I fabbed up this set. I could fold these up to load in my truck, then unfold them once I unloaded the quad. I attach 3 milk crates on the back rack to throw stuff in.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I now have a new set up without the float tubes, and I have a fabbed up auger mount for the front rack that utilizes the lock and ride plungers. Takes 2 seconds to remove the auger mount, and it holds it solid as a rock. I can post some pics of that this weekend when I get some time

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Hey RED850XP - I'd like to see some pics of that lock n' ride auger mount you made up. Here's my rig. The front "box" is home built and lock n' ride mounted - replaces the standard front rack. Going to add a larger rear box this season. Everything is working great for me now, but I think I want to change trailers to a 6.5' X 12' or 14' V-Nose so I can get a little more "vertical" space for the transporting. My machine is 10' long with the tracks.
I also would like to get it on a set of scales to find out the total weight when I'm all loaded. I'm guessing near 1300 lbs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice to see another iceshanty.com militia member!! I knew I've seen that bike before. I'll try and dig that auger mount out tonight and snap a couple pics for you. That's the only thing that I don't like about the bike is the weight, it would really suck trying to yank it out if it fell through!!!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
man, if I'm going to be out in the cold I'd better be doing something fun. Not staring at a hole. more power to you guys that do go ice fishing. Just glad we don't have that option over here. I'm sure someone would try to convince me to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here are some quick pics I took of the mount. Sorry they aren't the best, I used my phone. It's all aluminum and only weighs 3-4 lbs. I bought the auger mount from the store, but it didn't mount on the plastic racks too well so I had to get some flat aluminum stock and I welded the mount to the flat stock. The mount is secured to the front rack with 4 lock n ride levers. It holds my auger solid as a rock and takes 5 seconds to take the whole mount off the rack. No drilling or cutting required on the plastic rack, the lock n ride bushings just drop into the 4 holes in the rack.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Here are some quick pics I took of the mount. Sorry they aren't the best, I used my phone. It's all aluminum and only weighs 3-4 lbs. I bought the auger mount from the store, but it didn't mount on the plastic racks too well so I had to get some flat aluminum stock and I welded the mount to the flat stock. The mount is secured to the front rack with 4 lock n ride levers. It holds my auger solid as a rock and takes 5 seconds to take the whole mount off the rack. No drilling or cutting required on the plastic rack, the lock n ride bushings just drop into the 4 holes in the rack.

Thanks for the Pics, nice job on the auger mount.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pics guys....I need to rig up something like y'all did. Ice fishing is right around the corner I can't wait!

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is the only pic I have from last year. I have the auger mount on the back, and then I tow a sled. This year is going to be different. My father in law built me a rack that goes into the rear receiver which will be used for buckets,etc. Then I am upgrading my shanty to a 3-man flip, so that will be towed behind.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the only pic I have from last year. I have the auger mount on the back, and then I tow a sled. This year is going to be different. My father in law built me a rack that goes into the rear receiver which will be used for buckets,etc. Then I am upgrading my shanty to a 3-man flip, so that will be towed behind.

How is that mount set up in the back? You buy one like that? If so, where at?

·
Registered
98 Posts

Sorry, the pic is not very clear, my camera sucks and it was in my garage. It is setup like this:

The flat slotted piece (where the auger slides in) is removeable. The brackets attach to the holes on each side of the little rear compartment.

The guy who makes them runs Wolf Pack Adventures

He doesnt seem to have them on his website anymore since he updated it.

The guy who actually makes them is Brett Koenig, you can contact him @ [email protected]

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Sorry, the pic is not very clear, my camera sucks and it was in my garage. It is setup like this:

The flat slotted piece (where the auger slides in) is removeable. The brackets attach to the holes on each side of the little rear compartment.

The guy who makes them runs Wolf Pack Adventures

He doesnt seem to have them on his website anymore since he updated it.

The guy who actually makes them is Brett Koenig, you can contact him @ [email protected]
Thanks!! I will shoot him a email and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thinking i may need to become a ice shanty member myself lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts