Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to put up a 911 emergency help Type of thread sticky so if you break something while you are out of town riding maybe someone in that area could help you. This was just a thought I'm on another forum where we have a thread set up like this. So if you know a ministrator or someone over this site you might talk to them about it

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Good idea. Exactly like a 911, broke on trail, out of town, Im 50 miles in the woods and I am injured, bike is totalled type deal. Seems to be a good idea as long as everyone can use it for what it is worth. Problem is some may post "help broke part, may not be able to join my friends tomorrow for the big ride" type bs. If people can use it for its main purpose then Im all for it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're absolutely right in the main thing is like we had a member of the forum last week was out of town on a big ride he broke an axle if someone in that area had a spare or knew where to get one on a Friday evening or Saturday they could have helped him out.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I like the idea too. Been on the list on HCS for years, and have even used it one when in the UP with a blown out chain case 100 miles from the hotel.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, but like stated "FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY"

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
basically it would be a on trail emergency or out of town emergency.
because we all know you can not carry a tool for every thing or where to get parts at when out of town . I was at mud nationals a few years back and the voltage regulator went out on Friday night no one had one and if I would have know 50 miles down the road there was a Polaris shop but closes at 12 pm sat they had 1 I got lucky a man I talked to had a regulator for a zrz and we cut the wires off the old 1 and got going saved the weekend for me. I share this so we can see how this can help if used wright . it makes a brother hood

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok as for rules

1 post where you are in the heading
2 what year and bike
3 what you need
4 your info cell # email

5 MAKE ALL TALKS OFF THE TREAD BY CELL OR EMAIL **** NOT ON THE TREAD *****
6 WHEN YOUR GOING AGAIN EDIT YOUR POST SAYING SO

IF YOU CAN THANK OF MORE RULES OR BETTER ONES POST LETS SEE IF WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good idea....I know that the GoodSam Club has a list of people and their location and phone numbers that other members can look at if they are in the area and need assistance. I am a member of that group but don't know what it would involve getting something like that up and running.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts