Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of 26" Sedona Ripsaws on my 2011 550 Touring. Nice tires but very stiff ride (teeth rattling). I currently have them running with 10lbs of air in them. I ride primarily on rough, rocky Colorado mountain trails and old forest service roads. I'm not sure what inflation is ideal. Advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
593 Posts
Try 6 or 7, I run my 8 ply at 5 or 6 and I ride in rocky trails in Colorado also.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Way way to hi, 10psi. For terrain ur riding and the tire ur rolling on no question go to 5psi. Then go lower by 1psi increments starting in the rear until u dial it in. I would stop at 3psi front and rear unless u invest in bead locks. I will yield on the low pressure discussion to the members that run 3psi and under, I run as low as 4psi in northeastern state rock crawls with the use of bead locks.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I rode with a member on here... Ridinagain... same tires. Claims to run less then a 1lb in his

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
To many variables. try out a bunch and decide which one works best for you.

·
11,153 Posts
Those tires are so stiff you can run flat 0 psi if you want but around 4 psi is more realistic. In fact, that was part of Sedona's add campaign for the rip saw. They intentionally ran one flat for something like 50 miles with no damage.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I put those on my 850 touring and I have worked my way from 5 to 3 lbs psi over the lady couple hundred miles and 3 is ideal for my area. We have a lot of rocks and tree roots. 5 was pretty stiff. I have put them right into sharp rocks slowly on purpose to check the side wall flex. I wouldn't go any lower than 3. Huge difference in ride quality as well.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I believe Ripsaws to be one of , if not the heaviest duty tire out there. I had a set and one time I used the sidewalls of the tires against a rock face to pull me up the hill. It did not even faze the tire at all. Only problem is that they are very heavy. I would not go under 4psi imo. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts